The United Kingdom consists of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. The colonial land is a great vacation spot which offers limitless places to explore. There is store for everyone - be it singles, couples, students and families. If you have not visited the United Kingdom, here are the reasons which would sure coax you to visit the country.
1. Scenic beauty
Landscapes and scenic beauty are considered as another name for Great Britain. Right from the sea to the mountainous terrain, all forms of natural Birmingham beauty could be found on this small country. The best part being that they are all in close proximities to each other. You can reach any seashore in UK in not more than two hours. Some of the scenic spots include the Lake District, the Jurassic Coast, the British Channel Islands and the beaches etc.
2. World Class Cities
London being the capital city of UK and also one of the greatest and the oldest cities in the world, it is definitely not to be missed! However, UK is much more than London. From Manchester to Birmingham, there is variety in store to be tasted. From food to the hip hop and indie culture to the intellectual corridors of Oxford to the historical ruins and passageways at York...the list is endless!
3. The Brit History
Commonly known as the Colonial land, it has layers of history wrapped around it. Get to know about the Britons, Celts, Picts, Gaels and slowly unfold the history surrounding them. You can visit the Summer Solstice at Stonehenge, the Cerne Abbas Giant, and Heart of Neolithic Orkney UNESCO World Heritage Site and so on.
4. The Brit Pub Culture - The age old British pubs are known to have been situated for hundreds of years. The names of these pubs come from the local folklore depicting the history of the place. The architecture of the place has a story in itself to tell. The must visit pubs include the Royal Oak, the Old Cross, the Mill at Titchfield, the Welldigger's Arms and so on.
5. Festivals and Events - Festivals and events are great crowd pullers in the United Kingdom. Some such events include the Wimbledon, the Edinburgh festivals which are the greatest party for performing arts in the world. The others include the Chelsea Flower Show, the Glastonbury festivals and many more.
6. The British Customs and Traditions - From the bizarre to the classy, Brits have it all. You can find stick banging and dancing by the Morris Men, May Day where in horses are found to be menacing the villages. Different customs and traditions are found in the British Isles which are a must to be experienced. The main aim here is to spread joy and happiness.
7. Magnificent Architecture - The ancient architecture in the form of the magnificent castles, cathedrals, mansions has it all. This makes the country completely distinct from the rest of the world giving it a charm of its own. Some of the heritage buildings include the York Minster, Windsor Castle, Kilchurn Castle and so on.
8. The English Literature - There are many who come in search of those specific places which have had a mention in the English classics. There are literature festivals that take place which bring the classic authors back to life. Some such festivals include the Jane Austen Festival of Bath, the Radcliffe Camera and Bodleian Library, the Royal Shakespeare Company etc.
9. The Exquisite Gardens - Many horticulturalists have explored the British landscapes right from the seventeenth century. This has led them to discover many unique species of plants. With this activity being considered as a form of art, the country is known for its exotic gardens. Some of these include the Powys Castle and Garden, Fountains Abbey and Studely Royal Water Garden, the Glorious Gardens of Argyl and Bute and many more.
10. The British Royal Family - Last but not the least is the Royal Family which always caters to mixed opinions in the nation. From the festivals they attend to their mansions and lifestyle, it is something to watch out for. You can surely visit the Buckingham Palace, the Royal Windsor Horse Show, and Royal Ascot and so on.
However, the reasons are not limited to the above. The United Kingdom is much more than it could be expressed in words. The beauty of the country could be adjudged the best with the eyes rather than the pen. So, pack your bags and see the place for yourself!